Families have been telling us how much fun they had at our Family Dodgeball Night in May and our Field Day Events & Track Camp last week (we had over 50 enthusiastic kids at camp)! If you’re looking for fun activities that will get your kids out learning and playing — and using up some of that extra energy — we still have spaces left in three more camps this summer.
Dodgeball Camp, for grades 4-12, is an opportunity to immerse themselves in the many different styles of dodgeball and to compete tournament style. It will be July 15, 16, & 18. Junior Mini Camp, for grades K-3, is running that same week, but in the mornings on the 16th & 18th. Football Camp, which was so frequently requested this year that we added it to the schedule, is August 12, 14, & 16.
After much prayer and consideration, we will not be holding PE today. We called a few law enforcement contacts and weighing out the possibilities, did not have peace about gathering when 20+ school districts are closing down due to credible threats. We also considered that although some families would feel comfortable coming to PE today, a number of families might not, and we would love for these last few weeks to be a fun celebration of the end of the semester and well attended. We will make up this day in May and have the two make up dates out to you soon.
It was a bit of a decision again this morning. We were hoping to still hold PE+Plus today, which would be fine if the storm moves in at the later time frame, but finally decided to cancel. The following was a part of the weather alert from the Weather Channel and seems to indicate that an early arrival of the storm is possible:
“RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS WILL INCREASE THIS MORNING WITH WIDESPREAD RAIN EXPECTED BY NOON ACROSS THE FRONT RANGE. AS TEMPERATURES FALL, RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW EARLY TO MID AFTERNOON ALONG THE I-25 CORRIDOR. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE VERY QUICKLY WHEN THE RAIN CHANGES TO SNOW. ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW AND SLUSH COVERED LEADING TO SLIPPERY CONDITIONS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. BLOWING SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. THE EVENING COMMUTE WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE. ROAD CLOSURES WILL BE LIKELY. “
Hope you all have a safe and pleasant day! We will be in touch about a reschedule date since this is the second cancellation this semester. If you haven’t done a makeup class from the first snow day, as always you are still welcome to make that one up at another site.
With the State of Emergency and the National Guard called out last evening, with all of the local school districts closing including Douglas County, and with I-25 closures, we thought we might need to call off PE today. It’s always a bit crazy in Colorado, especially since we don’t start until noon (and we know how tough homeschoolers can be 😉 ), but we were thinking we might need to cancel PE.
So… it was confirmed when we received a call from the fairgrounds. WE WILL NEED TO CANCEL PE FOR TODAY. Not only are the fairgrounds graciously providing packed out shelter for stranded motorists, but they were concerned about getting the parking lots cleared for us.
Stay warm! Please, as always feel free to make up this class at another time. We love to have our families take advantage of make up classes. We would appreciate an email or call when you plan to makeup so we can plan for the additional numbers.
After following the weather forecast all day, we are cancelling PE+Plus classes tomorrow, Wednesday, March 13.
As always, you are welcome to make up your missed class at another site on another day. Check the front page of this web site to see a list of sites and class times. If you decide you want to do this, just let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (303) 660-2253 (home), (720) 300-6811 (Dave’s cell), or (720) 300-0231 (Debbie’s cell). Tell us which class you’re coming to, and Coach will be glad to see your students.