Hi Aurora Families,
It was a bit of a decision again this morning. We were hoping to still hold PE+Plus today, which would be fine if the storm moves in at the later time frame, but finally decided to cancel. The following was a part of the weather alert from the Weather Channel and seems to indicate that an early arrival of the storm is possible:
“RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS WILL INCREASE THIS MORNING WITH WIDESPREAD RAIN EXPECTED BY NOON ACROSS THE FRONT RANGE. AS TEMPERATURES FALL, RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW EARLY TO MID AFTERNOON ALONG THE I-25 CORRIDOR. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE VERY QUICKLY WHEN THE RAIN CHANGES TO SNOW. ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW AND SLUSH COVERED LEADING TO SLIPPERY CONDITIONS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. BLOWING SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. THE EVENING COMMUTE WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE. ROAD CLOSURES WILL BE LIKELY. “
Hope you all have a safe and pleasant day! We will be in touch about a reschedule date since this is the second cancellation this semester. If you haven’t done a makeup class from the first snow day, as always you are still welcome to make that one up at another site.