We will be cancelling PE classes for the next two weeks (March 16-27). The decision seems to have been taken out of our hands to some degree, although we have been in prayer and counsel as well; 3 of our 5 buildings are closing down for the next two weeks.
We wanted to include some thoughts from a pastor friend of ours ~
“This is not a reaction of fear; this is the action of love. Loving our neighbors means protecting them by ensuring our whole community stays healthy and that our health care professionals and services are not overwhelmed.” As we had mentioned in our previous email, Debbie’s Dad died in December from an infection that his body just couldn’t beat. The night he was brought into the hospital, 3 out of 4 hospitals did not have beds available in ICU, just because of the flu season we were having at the time. We aren’t fearful people, but we want to be practical. We feel we all need to be part of the solution when we can be.
We are working on adding an extra PE week at the end of the PE schedule. We normally schedule in one snow day that we don’t make up each semester, so we’d like to use Aurora’s & Castle Rock’s not used snow day as one of the weeks missed, although we’re looking at some other options to make this other missed day up.
Field Day – “Instead of Field Day, we are looking at something similar to the Field Day/Track Camp that we did last year.”
Also, we felt it was important to discuss Field Day at this time. So much planning has to go in ahead of time to make Field Day happen (including buying hundreds of dollars of ribbons~ some of which will only work for one year & the food for teen helpers), also 40 to 60 administrative hours to prepare. Further, with the recommendation about groups over 250 (our Field Days average 450-525 people) after much prayer, talk, and consternation we feel we must cancel Field Day. (In the next few weeks, we will be in touch with those families who have paid). Instead, we are looking at something similar to the Field Day/Track Camp that we did last year.
Football Camp –
So excited! This has been a hit in recent years. We will be baking in the hot sun and hopefully coronavirus will just be a memory. It is planned for the third week of June, 15-19. Once again we will be giving you more information as soon as we can.
Other summer camps are under reconstruction… 🙂 We have some thoughts, but will be back in touch about these soon.
We will also continue to evaluate the situation and make any other changes that we need to in the near future.
Crazy times, and yet in the Lord all days can still be good days. Psalm 118:24 “This is the day the Lord has made. let us be glad & rejoice in it…”
Also, 1 John 4:4 “…greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” (Including this virus!)
Coach Dave and Debbie
Please don’t hesitate to call if we can be of help in any way.
303-660-2253 (landline, no texts)
720-300-0231 (Debbie’s cell)
720-300-6811 (Coach’s cell)